Call for Papers
Call for papers
The 46th annual Penn Linguistics Conference (PLC 46) will take place virtually on March 18-20, 2022.
Undergraduate session: PLC 46 will feature a special session devoted to the presentation of undergraduate research. Undergraduate students are warmly encouraged to submit an abstract showcasing their research in any subfield of linguistics and related disciplines.
*New Extension*: November 8th, 2021
Deadline: Abstracts are due by
November 1, 2021 November 8, 2021. Notification of acceptance will be given by the end of January 2022.
Submission Guidelines: We welcome papers in linguistics and associated fields on any topic and in any approach. Session topics in recent years have included - but are not limited to - phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, and pragmatics. We encourage abstracts on both spoken and signed languages. Speakers will have twenty minutes for each presentation, followed by five minutes for discussion and questions. The conference will also include a virtual poster session. Abstracts should indicate whether they are being submitted for consideration as a talk, poster, or both. (See instructions for authors below.)
Length: Please limit abstracts to two single-spaced pages in 12pt font, including examples, figures, and references. Examples and figures may be interspersed with text. Abstracts should be anonymized: please do not include your name or affiliation within the abstract.
Format: To facilitate the review process, please submit your abstract as a .pdf file.
Instructions for authors: To submit an abstract, you must follow these steps:
- To begin, login at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=plc46
- If you do not have an existing EasyChair account, click on "sign up for an account." You will be asked to fill out a simple form to create an account.
- Click "New Submission" at the top of the page.
- Enter author information in the provided fields. Tick the "Corresponding Author" box for all authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications.
- Enter your title in the "Title" field.
- Enter at least three keywords.
- If you are a graduate or undergraduate student, please indicate this in the relevant field.
- By default, all submissions will be considered for presentation both as talks and as posters. If you would rather your paper only be considered for a talk or only for a poster, indicate this using the drop-down menu under 'Type of presentation'.
- Upload your abstract .pdf file in the "Abstract" field. Only .pdf files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
- Click "Submit." You will be taken to a summary page of your submission - this is your confirmation that it has been saved. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
- You may make any necessary updates up to the abstract submission deadline by logging in to EasyChair and navigating to your abstract.
Proceedings: Conference proceedings will be published as a volume of the Penn Working Papers in Linguistics.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Conference website: https://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/plc46/
Penn Linguistics Conference
Department of Linguistics
3401-C Walnut Street
Suite 300, C Wing
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228