Penn Parsed Corpus of Modern British English, 2nd edition, release 1
Kroch, Anthony, Beatrice Santorini, and Ariel Diertani.
The Penn Parsed Corpus of Modern British English (PPCMBE2).
Department of Linguistics, University of Pennsylvania.
CD-ROM, second edition, release 1
We are grateful to the following institutions and individuals for their
support and assistance:
- The National Science Foundation for NSF grants BCS 05-08731 and BCS 11-47499.
- The users of the Penn-Helsinki Parsed Corpus of Middle English
(PPCME2) and the Penn-Helsinki Parsed Corpus of Early Modern English
(PPCEME) for their financial support in purchasing the corpora.
- Dan Bikel for allowing us to use his Penn dissertation parser
for our work.
- Seth Kulick for his help with training the Bikel parser and
adapting it to our needs.
- Beth Randall for continued improvements to the CorpusSearch
- Blaise Information Systems for quick and accurate data entry.
- The staff in the Rare Book Collection of Van Pelt Library at
the University of Pennsyvania, especially John Pollack.
- The users of the corpus who reported errors to us, notably
Hezekiah Bacovcin, Alastair Butler, and Aaron Ecay, thereby allowing us
to improve the quality of the corpus over time.