Call for Papers
Call for papers
The 48th annual Penn Linguistics Conference (PLC 48) will take place on March 16-17, 2024 at the University of Pennsylvania campus in Philadelphia.
Deadline: Abstracts are due by November 17, 2023. Notification of acceptance will be given by the end of January 2024.
Submission Guidelines: Papers about language, on any topic in linguistics and associated fields, such as psychology, neuroscience, and computer science, are welcome. Session topics in recent years have included phonetics, phonology, syntax, semantics, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, sociolinguistics, pragmatics, and natural language processing. We encourage abstracts on both spoken and signed languages. Abstracts should indicate whether they are being submitted for consideration as a talk, poster, or both. (See instructions for authors below.) Abstracts should be anonymized: please do not include your name or affiliation within the abstract. Please also note that each author may only submit one first-authored abstract.
Length: Please limit abstracts to two single-spaced pages in 12pt font, including examples, figures, and references. Examples and figures may be interspersed with text.
Format: To facilitate the review process, please submit your abstract as a .PDF file.
Instructions for authors: To submit an abstract, you must follow these steps:
- To begin, login at: https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/6955/submitter
- If you do not have an existing Oxford Abstracts account, click on "Create an account."
- Enter author information in the provided fields. Please ensure that at least one author checks the "Presenting?" box.
- All authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications should check the "Corresponding Author?" box. Please make sure at least one author checks the "Corresponding Author?" box.
- If the first author is a student, please indicate it in the relevant field.
- Please confirm your agreement by checking the boxes for "Permission to publish," "Author approval," and "Author will attend."
- Please specify whether you would like your submission to be considered for oral presentation only, poster presentation only, or either option.
- In the "Categories" field, please select a subfield from the dropdown menu that best fits your submission, even if you feel that none of the options are perfect.
- In the "Keywords" field, please enter three to five keywords, in order to facilitate the reviewer assignment process.
- Upload your abstract. Submit a .PDF file in the "Upload abstract" field. Only .PDF files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
- Click "Submit." You will be directed to a summary page of your submissions. Ensure that the submission status displays as "COMPLETE" in green, as this confirms that it has been successfully saved. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
- You may make any necessary updates up to the submission deadline by logging in to Oxford Abstracts and navigating to your abstract.
Proceedings: Conference proceedings will be published as a volume of the Penn Working Papers in Linguistics. Speakers will be invited to provide camera-ready copies of their papers after the conference.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Conference website: https://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/plc48/
Penn Linguistics Conference
Department of Linguistics
3401-C Walnut Street
Suite 300, C Wing
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228
This event is supported by the University of Pennsylvania Department of Linguistics.