Call for Papers
Call for papers
The 47th annual Penn Linguistics Conference (PLC 47) will take place on March 18-19, 2023 at the University of Pennsylvania campus in Philadelphia. We are excited to welcome you back for the first in-person PLC since 2019!
*FINAL EXTENSION* Abstract Deadline: December 18, 2022 AOE
Deadline: Abstracts are due by
December 04, 2022. Notification of acceptance will be given by the end of January 2022.
We are pleased to announce that Professor Keith Johnson from UC Berkeley and Professor Heidi Harley from University of Arizona will be our keynote speakers. There will be one keynote session per day, with each session lasting 1.5-2 hours.
Student abstract prizes: We will be awarding prizes for the best three abstracts submitted by graduate students from outside the University of Pennsylvania.
Submission Guidelines: Papers about language, on any topic in linguistics and associated fields, such as psychology, neuroscience, and computer science, are welcome. Session topics in recent years have included phonology, syntax, semantics, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, sociolinguistics, pragmatics, and natural language processing. We encourage abstracts on both spoken and signed languages. Abstracts should indicate whether they are being submitted for consideration as a talk, poster, or both. (See instructions for authors below.) Abstracts should be anonymized: please do not include your name or affiliation within the abstract.
Length: Please limit abstracts to two single-spaced pages in 12pt font, including examples, figures, and references. Examples and figures may be interspersed with text.
Format: To facilitate the review process, please submit your abstract as a .PDF file.
Instructions for authors: To submit an abstract, you must follow these steps:
- To begin, login at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=plc47
- If you do not have an existing EasyChair account, click on "sign up for an account." You will be asked to fill out a simple form to create an account.
- Click "New Submission" at the top of the page.
- Enter author information in the provided fields. Tick the "Corresponding Author" box for all authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications.
- Enter your title in the "Title" field.
- In the "Abstract" field, please enter a one sentence summary, or any comments you may have, in order to assist the committee in assigning reviewers. Please do not paste your full abstract into this field.
- Enter at least three keywords.
- If you are a graduate or undergraduate student, please indicate this in the relevant field.
- 9. Please indicate whether you would like your submission to be considered for a talk, poster, or both in the “Talk, poster, or both?” field. By default, submissions will be considered for both modes of presentation.
- Upload your abstract .PDF file in the "Paper" field. Only .PDF files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
- Click "Submit." You will be taken to a summary page of your submission — this is your confirmation that it has been saved. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
- You may make any necessary updates up to the submission deadline by logging in to EasyChair and navigating to your abstract.
Proceedings: Conference proceedings will be published as a volume of the Penn Working Papers in Linguistics. Speakers will be invited to provide camera-ready copies of their papers after the Colloquium.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Conference website: https://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/plc47/
Penn Linguistics Conference
Department of Linguistics
3401-C Walnut Street
Suite 300, C Wing
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228
This event is supported by the Linguistic Data Consortium; and the University of Pennsylvania Department of Linguistics.