- two single-spaced pages, include references,examples and figures
- include references,examples/data interspersed throughout
- 12-point font
Call for Papers
Abstract submission for PLC 43 is now open.
Submission Guidelines: Papers on any topic in linguistics and associated fields are welcome. Session topics in recent years have included phonology, syntax, semantics, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, and pragmatics.
We encourage abstracts on both spoken and signed languages. Speakers will have twenty minutes for each presentation, followed by five minutes for discussion and questions. The conference will also include a poster session with catered lunch. Abstracts should indicate whether they are being submitted for consideration as a talk, poster, or both. (See instructions for authors below.).
Undergraduate session: PLC 43 will feature a special session devoted to the presentation of undergraduate research. Undergraduate students are warmly encouraged to submit an abstract showcasing their research in any subfield of linguistics and related disciplines.
Student abstract prizes: We will be awarding prizes of $250 each for the best three abstracts submitted by graduate students from outside the University of Pennsylvania. In addition, the best abstract submitted by an undergraduate student will receive a prize of $250.
Deadline: The deadline for abstracts is November 19, 2018.
Notification of acceptance/rejection can be expected by the end of January 2019.
Abstract Format (PLEASE NOTE that the format for abstracts has changed from previous years):
Instructions for authors: To submit an abstract, you must follow these steps:
- To begin, login at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=plc43
- If you do not have an existing EasyChair account, click on "sign up for an account." You will be asked to fill out a simple form to create an account.
- Click "New Submission" at the top of the page.
- Enter author information in the provided fields. Tick the "Corresponding Author" box for all authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications.
- If you are a graduate or undergraduate student, please indicate this in the relevant field. (If you do not see a dedicated field for this purpose, please write 'graduate student' or 'undergraduate student' in the "Abstract" field.)
- Enter your title in the "Title" field.
- In the "Abstract" field, please enter a one sentence summary, or any comments you have, in order to assist the committee in assigning reviewers. Please also indicate here whether you would like your submission to be considered for a talk, poster, or both. By default, submissions will be considered for both modes of presentation. Please Do not paste your full abstract into this field.
- Enter at least three keywords.
- Upload your abstract .pdf file in the "Paper" field. Only .pdf files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
- Click "Submit." You will be taken to a summary page of your submission - this is your confirmation that it has been saved. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
- You may make any necessary updates up to the abstract submission deadline by logging in to EasyChair and navigating to your abstract.
Proceedings: Conference proceedings will be published as a volume of the Penn Working Papers in Linguistics. Details regarding the proceedings of PLC 43 will be updated on the website.