Penn and Penn-Helsinki Corpora of Historical English License Agreement
hereby request a license to use the Penn Parsed Corpora of Historical English,
henceforward the "Penn Historical Corpora," and a copy of the corpora on CD.
The corpora include:
I/We agree by this request to adhere to the following conditions of use
by myself and to require adherence by all others to whom I/we grant
access to the corpus:
- the Penn Parsed Corpus of Modern British English, Second Edition (PPCMBE2)
- the Penn-Helsinki Parsed Corpus of Early Modern English (PPCEME)
- the Penn-Helsinki Parsed Corpus of Middle English, Second Edition (PPCME2)
- I/We acknowledge that the Penn Historical Corpora and the Helsinki
Corpus of Historical English are subject to copyright restrictions. I/We
agree to abide by them and I/we acknowledge that violations of copyright
restrictions may result in legal liability.
- I/We will make no commercial use of the Penn Parsed Corpora or the
Helsinki Corpus of Historical English without prior permission.
- I/We will not redistribute the Penn Historical Corpora or the Helsinki
Corpus of Historical English to others except in limited passages under
the ordinary standards of scholarly citation.
- If and only if the license being purchased is a "library license,"
I/we understand that the purchasing library may circulate the corpus CD to
borrowers and/or install it on the library's local computer network. In
either case, access must be restricted to library users with borrowing
privileges. If access to the "cloud"-based corpus webserver is being
provided to the library by the distributor, then access to the webserver
will be available only via a proxy server with access limited to such users.
- If and only if the license being purchased is a "departmental/research
group license," I/we understand that the purchasing department or research
group may give access the corpus to its members by installing it on a
departmental or research group server, so long as access to the corpus on
the server is limited to research group members.
- I/We will acknowledge the Penn Historical Corpora and the Helsinki
Corpus of Historical English in any written work or oral presentations
based on research using these materials and will notify any authorized
users of this requirement. Circulation of the corpus CD in its original
packaging, which contains this notification, will be deemed to satisfy
- I/We acknowledge that the distributor of the Penn Historical Corpora
makes no warranties, express or implied, concerning these corpora, including
but not limited to their ownership, merchantability, or fitness for a particular
purpose. The distributor shall not be liable for any direct, consequential,
punitive, or other damages suffered by user or any other person resulting from
the use of the distributed materials.
User email address:
Department, laboratory or library:
University or organization:
City (with mail code):