Call for Papers
Submission Guidelines: Papers on any topic in linguistics and associated fields are welcome. Session topics in recent years have included phonology, syntax, semantics, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, and pragmatics. Speakers will have 20 minutes for their presentations and 5 minutes for discussion and questions. The conference will also include a poster session with catered lunch. Abstracts should indicate whether they are being submitted for consideration as a talk, poster, or both. (See instructions.)
Deadline: The deadline for abstracts was November 19, 2012.
Notification of acceptance/rejection was delivered January 15, 2013.
Length: Please limit abstracts to one page, single-spaced. An additional page may be used for examples, references and tables. Do not include your name or affiliation within the abstract.
Format: To facilitate the review process, please submit your abstract as a .pdf file.
- To begin, click here to go to our abstract submission system and login.
- If you do not have an existing EasyChair account, click on "sign up for an account." You will be asked to fill out a simple form to create an account.
- Click "NewSubmission" at the top of the page.
- Enter author information in the provided fields. Tick the "Corresponding Author" box for all authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications.
- Enter your title in the "Title" field.
- In the "Abstract" field, please enter a one sentence summary, or any comments you have, in order to assist the committee in assigning reviewers. Please also indicate here whether you would like your submission to be considered for a talk, poster, or both. By default, submissions will be considered for both modes of presentation. Do not paste your full abstract into this field.
- Please select the primary category of your abstract. Additional categories may be included in the keywords.
- Enter at least three keywords.
- Upload your abstract .pdf file in the "Paper" field. Only .pdf files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
- Do not tick the "Abstract only" box, or your .pdf will not be uploaded.
- Click "Submit." You will be taken to a summary page of your submission - this is your confirmation that it has been saved. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously.
- You may make any necessary updates by logging in and clicking on "My Submissions."
Proceedings: Conference proceedings will be published as a volume of the Penn Working Papers in Linguistics. Details regarding the proceedings of PLC 37 will be posted on the website closer to the conference.